Installing The Auto Saver System
Before starting, a basic understanding of the electrical system of the vehicle is required. We recommend this system be installed by a qualified automotive technician.
Your kit includes the following items:
- 1 - Anti Corrosion Module
- 1 - Wiring Harness
- 2 - 3/8" Ring Terminal
- 2 - 1/4" Ring Terminal
- 2 - Self Tapping Grounding Screw
- 2 - 1/4" Toothed Lock Washers
- 4 - Heavy Duty Tie Wraps
- Disconnect the battery.
- Locate a raceway to which to fasten the module using heavy-duty tie wraps. Be sure to keep the module away from the exhaust manifold or any other hot or moving components.
- Ensuring that the white connector on the wiring harness will reach the white connector on the module, run the green wire on the wiring harness and using the 3/8" ring terminal connect it to the negative battery terminal or a grounded surface.
- Connect the red power wire directly to the positive terminal of the vehicles +12 volt battery using the 3/8" ring terminal. Be sure to avoid positioning wires too close to hot or moving components that may melt or pinch the wire and cause a short.
- The two grey wires on the wire harness must be secured to any sheet metal surface on a grounded body panel. To ensure best results each grey wire should be connected at opposite ends of the engine compartment as far away from the battery as possible. Crimp the 1/4" ring terminals to the wires and connect to the sheet metal using the self-tapping screws and toothed lock washer. Make sure that when you tighten the screw the teeth on the washer penetrate through the paint. If connecting to the metal surface using existing bolts please ensure that they are properly grounded and that the toothed washer is used as directed.
- For "Pick-Up" Trucks: Be sure that the box or load area is part of the vehicle's grounding system. If not, attach a grounding strap from the underside of the box to the vehicle's grounding system.
- Reconnect the battery and connect the harness to the module. The green power LED will go on for up to 5 seconds confirming that the power from the battery is flowing through the unit. The red LED will stay on continuously (in fact the electronic cycle is so fast the LED does not have time to dim) confirming that you have properly grounded the grey wires.
- If the LEDs do not light, check that the unit has been properly connected to the battery and the grey wires are properly grounded. The module will not power up if the battery's charge is below 10.3 volts. If after checking the connections and the voltage the LEDs still do not light, then replace the module.
- Secure the wiring using the tie wraps or use a split loom to ensure a professional looking installation.
Your installation is complete, and The Auto Saver System is now operational.